When we teach children they love to show us what they have learned.
- They read to us a favorite story
- They recite math facts
- They tell us about the life cycle of a butterfly
- They write a few sentences for us.
- They draw us a picture.
When they do this they are full of confidence and joy.
So teaching them yoga?
- They want to teach us!
Here is a short video of Emma taking the reigns of my yoga session and teaching you how to do yoga. I know this is short for this month but here is the lesson plan.
Before the video:
- ask the class for 3 favorite yoga poses (they can even be made up poses)
- ask for 3 volunteers to teach those poses after the video instruction
- watch the video
- let your kids teach their poses to the rest of the class